Nursery Progress - 1

Happy Monday everyone!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend...if you are in the DC area I hope you enjoyed the insanely beautiful weather (aka 68 degrees)!

Ryan and I were super productive. We took down our Christmas decorations, had our Potterybarn Kids Glider delivered...and with the help of my parents painted my super dark walled office into a bright white nursery.

But what I'm most excited about are my two great finds from Urban Outfitters!

Thanks to one of my favorite bloggers, Look Linger Love, I discovered this amazing brass tiered pendant shade for only $64! This will look so cute in the nursery, plus it doesn't hang too low, and at $64 it is so much cheaper than any drum pendant I could find, the $400 Restoration Hardware Baby & Child iron pendant ...and easier than me trying to recreate the Thomas O'Brien Hicks Pendant!
And then I decided to check out the rugs...Urban has always had the chevron patterned rug I've been looking for, but never in orange. Well guess what?!?! They just got it in orange. And at $74 for a 5x7 this already orange/white chevron is cheaper than my mom and I painting an Ikea rug with the chevron pattern. (I'd still like to try out that DIY project because it looks awesome) but my time is running out so I'll happily buy a super cheap already complete rug for now!




So far I'm sticking pretty true to my nursery mood board...
Here is a pic of my new glider...it is soooooo comfortable...thanks to both of our parents who gave this to us!!! (I haven't put the cream twill slipcover on yet...)
And here are some pics of my office to nursery progress...

Before
Last weekend

And today

We bought Valspar's new ZERO VOC, certified ashtma & allergy friendly paint and I can't speak highly enough about it.  I had Loews match it to Bejnamin Moore's Decorator's White...and since it has zero VOC's I could even help out a little.

Valspar+ is the first paint certified asthma & allergy friendly by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. It provides a durable antimicrobial finish that is mold and mildew resistant. With no lingering odors and zero VOCs, you get a long lasting finish without adding asthma and allergy triggers. Valspar+ is ideal for bedrooms (especially for children), bathrooms, basements and kitchens.
 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education