Inspiration Board: Allison's Family Room

Happy Tuesday!

I wanted to share a new inspiration board I put together for my friend Allison's family room.

Allison already has a great dark brown sofa and two red chairs, so I drew inspiration from those colors.   She wants lots of pop in this room so I tried to pick some bold patterns for the throw pillows. 
When I was sourcing I tried to give Allison as much storage as I could. First, I want to replace their coffee table with a leather storage ottoman. This is kid friendly, and offers tons of storage. A great modern tray on top will allow you to have magazines, remotes, drinks, still on your coffee table. In the ottoman you can add throws, magazines, toys, etc. I also sourced a great wicker storage cube that could go on the side of their media stand for extra storage.

Above their fireplace, I think a mirror on it would look great! It would bring lots of light and style into the room. I love this mirror because it looks like a paned window. Personally, I am not a fan of plants in rooms...mostly because I can't keep them alive :) but also they don't always look super stylish. Instead I would put some great candles and glass vases with flowers on your fireplace mantle.

I would add two matching floor lamps, one on either side of your fireplace. I like how this adds symmetry...and I think the drum lamp shades create a more modern look. 

In between the two red chairs (if space allows) I'd love to put these stackable end tables. This is nice for guests to put their drinks, etc. But it's definitely not necessary if it feels too crowded. 

Lastly, I did a ton of research to try and find you the best storage for kids toys possible :) I keep coming back to this stackable cube/bookcase from PB Kids. First, you can't tell that it's from PB Kids (it looks very sophisticated), and you can put up to 10 baskets in these cubes. You will have plenty of storage for toys!

To bring even more dimension to the room...I think we could bring out one of the light browns in the middle paisley fabric...and paint the bottom of the wall separated by the molding (see inspiration pic at bottom right of board).



 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education