My Basement Progress

I am so excited this year to get my basement officially finished. As you can see, we still have much to do...

but we then again we have come a long way!


And this shot is after we knocked down a wall, a closet and added recessed lighting. The shots from when we moved in aren't even suitable for your eyes :)

This is a good shot of our new windows. They are much smaller than our windows circa 1950...but they are insulated which help make the basement warmer, and now nobody can shimmy in.

I absolutely love the navy/cream chain link rug I bought on ebay. It really anchors (no pun intended) the whole room!

 

I decided to go with a smoke blue pillow to contrast the navy rug...how cute is my iron net lamp!

Instead of doing built-ins we decided to get the new Printer's media suite from Potterybarn. The distressed wood goes perfectly with our look, and bonus we can take this with us when we move. (PS--the Bose speakers sticking out of this photo are Ryan's x-mas gift)
This is one of my antique finds from Bethany Beach. This piece used to house fire wood, and now it is perfect for extra throws and pillows. I was going to paint it, but I am liking the original (old) wood look.
This is my favorite piece. This is my mother's grand-mother's table...which means it is over 100 years old. I grew up with this table in my parent's kitchen...and my mom and dad restained it for me before I moved in. How beautiful is this table--and the leaves pull out to make it even larger.

We are getting new Potterybarn dining room chairs this weekend (wooo-hooooo) so we are moving our chairs upstairs downstairs...LET THE GAME NIGHTS BEGIN!
And now here starts the succession of chairs I have purchased and need to recover...

This half-moon table was my grand-mothers and fits perfectly against this wall. I got this sign at the antique store...it says Surf, Fishing and Mullet :)
And these are my new PB Distressed ledges I am bribing Ryan to hang this weekend while I'm in NJ. They are super cute and will be perfect for pictures and candles.
Overall I'm loving how everything is coming together. We are having a little of a flooring debacle. Before we moved in our basement was water proofed and the flooring was installed. It's not great cream laminate tile...which I would love to replace...and now since we can't find the same tile to replace the holes created when we tore down walls...I don't think I have a choice now.
So left on our basement to-do list for 2011 is...
  • Replace flooring (new tile or laminate flooring)
  • Paint the stairs white/black...add runner
  • Hang artwork
  • Create one wall as a photo gallery (hanging family photos, etc.)
  • Add a buffet / bar
 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education