Indoor Beauty!

  Hello everyone,
      I hope you are all having a good week. We have been enjoying some bright sunny weather here even through it is a little frosty. I have been enjoying the beauty of  a couple of amaryllis and some paperwhites that are blooming now. I love that there is still some beautiful blooms that I can watch grow and bloom even in winter.
This is in our sun room that has old single pained glass so they frost up on chilly winter nights. I like the sparkle they give behind the blooms.The cherub statue came in from the garden.

On cold nights I have to take the plants in for the night as the sunroom would be too cold.

the paperwhites in bloom
macro shot- I really need to practice more with my macro lens. If anyone has any tips I would love to hear them. Some people have asked what camera I use and it is a Canon Rebel.
The top one is appleblossom but I forgot to save the name of the other one.

macro again

this orchid has been blooming for months now.

This is a new double ameryllis that I just planted- they are on clearance now.



If you haven't already grown these I think you should give them a try as they are easy to grow and so beautiful in flower with each stalk producing at least 4 flowers and each bulb has 2 or 3 stalk. The blooms will last for a few weeks especially if kept in a cooler place at night.

Well, I hope you have enjoyed seeing some of our indoor beauty and when my double one blooms I will be sure to share it's beauty!
I am joining Cindy today for Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home.

I hope you have a great weekend,

Carolyn
 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education