My Office is Moving...

Yeah, I've finally had time to sit and start concepting my next project--my new office :)

Ryan and I started to move my current office (seen here) downstairs to get the room ready for our baby (due Mar 30). My office will be combined with what is now our downstairs guestroom (seen here), which is practically all white...and with my desk and bookcase also being white...I LITERALLY have a white canvas to work with.

What to do...what to do?

I need to come up with an idea fairly fast as I'd like to paint at least one of the walls next week when I'm off for the Holidays.

I've been dying to create a room with grass greens for a while--see my previous blog post about my love for grass green here. Most rooms in my house have a very gray/charcoal tone, so I think this can be unexpected, feminine and refreshing.

Here are some inspirational photos that are tickling my fancy...



I am a green paint virgin so I'm going to have to test a lot of colors...but Benjamin Moore's Green Thumb looks pretty good so far...

I also have to think about how I want to dress the guest bed. I like the idea of keeping the bedding in soft and neutral tones like this...


Maybe it's all white bedding with pillows in soft patterns (like above) and a great throw at the bottom?
Another reason to keep the bedding simple is I might be using this awesome rug I recently purchased. I planned to use in the baby's room but now that I'm "making" an orange chevron rug, this oh-so-fabulous rug needs a home and the all white room might be the perfect spot!


Of course my eyes keep darting over to this ridiculous awesome blue--but since my dining room and bathroom are charcoal, my baby's room is navy, my bedroom is gray blue, and my family room ceiling is light gray...I'm thinking I need to move a little out of my comfort zone!








 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education