Christmas Tables

Hello everyone,
    First, a New Year's wish for you from a photo I took at our kitchen table last week.Isn't it hard to believe another year is almost over?  If life is a journey will someone put on the brakes!!! It is definitely true the older you get the faster time flies. Anyway, I am enjoying the journey and I am very thankful for all of our blessings.

Now, I thought some of you might have wondered how we could fit our large family into our kitchen and dining/library. So I took some photos to share with you today.. 


Many of you have also seen these rooms many times before but with a few changes we are able to bring our long folding tables,take up some mismatched chairs,put on some tablecloths and set our tables with my red and white transfersware china.
It is definitely not the fanciest table setting in blogland but I kept in mind that we have no dishwasher and so simple would  work best for us- there were 23 of us to enjoy our family turkey dinner.

 We set up the tables on Christmas Eve Day, which of course saved a lot of time on Christmas Day. We sit down to eat around 1:00 p.m. as some of our family have evening commitments.




I use a mix of red and white dishes.

I love the candle chandelier -very inexpensive but cozy!
Lila, our youngest granddaughter had her own little chair right by the tree. Lila is enjoying my homemade cheese bread- a family favorite.


Now, this is our kitchen before we took out the smaller table but this is how it looked before.
 I thought my husband had earned a little quiet time by the fireside by evening. 
.
Thank you to all who have visited me today and though out the last few years I have been blogging- I hope you  know it wouldn't be any fun without all of you!!!

I hope the New Year will bring you health, joy, peace and love and may you all have time to enjoy your blessings each and every day.
I am joining Susan again for Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch. Thank you Susan for hosting once again.

Love & Blessings to all of you,

Carolyn
 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education