Beauty to Behold !

I am glad you came as it is a lovely day to take a stroll through the garden to see all the late blooming beauties!

The roses are still giving us some late season blooms.


The fall anemones are putting on a good show

This Jackmani clematis was later blooming then the others so it still has a few blooms on the terrace.

There are still a few blooms of shasta daisies around.

This is a tall fall aster- I enjoy having these late bloomers in the garden to extend the season.

I also love these late blooming monkshood as they add good color and are very hardy.

Another tall aster -different color.

You can see the frost has browned the limelight hydrangeas. Our garden is low lying with a brook going through the woods making it more of a frost pocket then some gardens on the Island.

This Elmshorn rose has lots of late blooms.

This is a short aster and the bees are loving them.

Pretty foliage colors add to the fall beauty.

Cimicifuga Bugbane is another plant I like to have for the fall-it does look good in bouquets also.

An aster that was a gift from a friend.

I picked this beautiful dahlia bloom that was almost lost in the garden-I will have to dig the dahlias soon but so far they have only been touched by frost. One night soon we will probably get a killing frost turning all the leaves black.

I love the delicate beauty of it- next year the plant should be bigger and better then ever.

This Julia Child rose is a hybrid tea rose and I don't normally grow them but I did fall in love with this rose when I saw it at Fanningbank so I ordered it from Pickering Nursery in Ont. I will cover it well for our cold winters and hopefully it will make it through if not it still didn't cost as much as a bouquet of roses and I have enjoyed it.

This is a more washed out shot but I wanted to show you how pretty it looks with the Autumn Joy sedum behind it.

Can you tell it is my pride and joy in the garden this week at least!

Thank you for coming around the garden with me again today-I've been thinking wouldn't it look beautiful to have a fall bed with all these plants blooming together along with some grasses. Surely,we have room for one more bed somewhere!

Enjoy your day!

Carolyn
 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education