Oh Domino...My Domino

If you are like me you are still mourning the death of the best shelter magazine ever created, Domino.

I subscribed to Domino since it first was established back in 2005. Each issue was like a work of art, and I would give anything to have saved them all.




Most of the photos can now be found on Flickr, and for those really struggling there is a Facebook group called SAVE DOMINO created!

I love this quote from a New York Times article written by Penelope Green shortly after it was announced that Domino had closed, "Did Domino’s demise augur the crumbling of a larger, cultural movement, characterized by a girlish and fizzy optimism and an appetite for Jonathan Adler ceramics and Parsons tables from West Elm, and peopled by thousands of crafty, handy young women — like Carrie Bradshaw but cooler, with fewer shoes, better values and a mortgage?"
  • Girlish and fizzy optimism? CHECK
  • Appetite for Jonathan Adler ceramics? CHECK
  • Appetite for Parsons tables from West Elm? CHECK
  • Crafty, handy young woman? CHECK
  • Like Carrie Bradshaw but cooler? THAT'S A STRETCH
  • With fewer shoes? MOST DEF
  • Better values? WHO AM I TO JUDGE...
  • And a mortgage? OH WHO COULD FORGET THIS MONTHLY GIFT

BUT HERE IS THE GOOD NEWS.............

A couple ex-Domino editors decided to stick it to the man and launch their own online magazine.

Welcome Lonny into my life, and thank you for bringing me gorgeous photos and amazing articles!




(According to their website) Lonny Magazine (the name is a hybrid of London and New York) is a bi-monthly online design publication launched by Michelle Adams, a former Domino-magazine market assistant and freelance photographer Patrick Cline.

Lonny stays true to the Domino spirit of accessible designs, affordable products, and 1000% charm!

Lonny Magazine
Lonny Magazine
Lonny Magazine
Lonny Magazine
Lonny Magazine
Lonny Magazine

Check out this month's article on one of my favorite designers, Lee Kleinhelter. Lee is the owner of Atanta's store Pieces, which focuses on refurbished, vintage furniture and accessories. Her shop and her many homes (she designs to sell) have been featured across all shelter mags.

Lonny Magazine
Pieces is probably my most favorite store I've never been too! I regularly check it's site for vintage finds that I can't afford...but it gives me great ideas!

I absolutely love finding one of a kind, forgetten about pieces, slapping some lipstick on them, and making them part of my home.

I can't wait to visit Pieces someday and buy a candle or some napkin rings (all that I can afford) :)

In the meantime, we can all enjoy Lee's latest condo project:

Lonny Magazine

Lonny Magazine

Lonny Magazine
 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education