A Look Inside the First Lady’s Office (warning: not for the faint-hearted)

First let me say, I love Michelle Obama. I think she is an excellent modern day role model for all women. She has brains, beauty, family, career, etc…and I want her arms!

That being said, the recent peek inside her White House office, published by POLITICO, has me DYING!!!!!!!!!!!

“The first lady, who redecorated the space last summer, has gone for something more casual than the gold tones of the Oval Office: an off-white, overstuffed, living-room-type couch — with floral and other printed pillows — along with two brown-and-cream-patterned chairs. The space is painted a warm, cozy peach color, and the windows feature plantation-style shutters rather than curtains or blinds.(POLITICO)



...............................................................................................................

Dear First Lady Michelle Obama,

First things first Michelle…can I call you Michelle?

Dear Michelle,

We no longer live in 1987 when peach walls were semi-acceptable…semi being the operative word! There is nothing “cozy” about peach. That’s POLITCO’s nice way of not saying your wall color bored them to tears and made them want to cozy up on a nice sofa (not yours) and forget they ever stepped foot inside your office.


Plus what’s with the drab cream couch, random pillows and pitifully dull coffee table? I don’t know whether to cry or sign in at reception for my doctor’s appointment. If I get dizzy with boredom I could just stare at your ceramic lamps from 1993 until I am blind. Lastly, I heard your husband is doing okay financially…I think it’s time to invest in some hardwood floors.


The only highlight is the little bit of recessed lighting I see creeping in on the side of this photo, and I am always a sucker for built-in cabinets.


Michelle…you are such a powerful, energetic, exciting woman…you wear Jason Wu and dress down in JCrew…you deserve so much more than this. Can you picture Jenna Lyons sitting in this office? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Here’s what I’m going to pretend your office looks like in my head from now on:

With the utmost respect,
HM
 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education