T-12 Days Until Party...Project Guest Room 2 Underway

Do you ever plan parties to force yourself to do projects around the house you have been putting off forever? I am totally guilty of this. Case in point...friend's engagement party in 12 days. So for the next 12 days please do not call/email me because I will be ripping up my kitchen floor, laying new porcelin tile, grouting my bathroom tile, hanging chair rail/crown moulding, and painting my exterior shutters.

Oh yeah...and creating a second guest room...which leads me to my post...

Ryan and I have been using our second guestroom, located in the basement, as our pseudo garage since we moved in. Our out-of-season clothes, pictures, lamps, have called this room home. But with guests coming in 12 days we had to quickly clean this out and make it feel like a guest room.

We painted the walls with Simply White by Benjamin Moore. I'm not going to lie, I'm a huge fan of BM colors, but not so much the paint. I find it to be very thin. I might commit the cardinal sin of color matching BM with Lowe's Valspar for my family room...don't hate me!

Simply White is part of the Potterybarn/Benjamin Moore Summer line. After doing thorough research and testing 5 BM whites on my wall, I really fell in love with this one. I also tested Decorator's White, Dove White, Cloud White and Soft White.

The room came out beautifully bright and airy. I also purchased this bed from Ikea (below):

And I've had this awesome Orange/White Tile Duvet from Potterybarn forever just waiting to use it:


I'm going for a whole farmhouse meets artsy chic feel.

Will post shots of the room and my mood board later...

Ciao.
 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education