Flower Power

Hello everyone,
       Today I sharing some close ups of flowers in our garden that are still blooming now. Above is a beautiful daylily that I love but don't know the name of we have hundreds of daylilies so it is hard to keep treack of them all as they have been divided and moved around the garden.
This dayliy is Tom Pounce and he has a rich velvety look.
I don't have a lot of dahlias but I do love to have some for bouquets. Here in our zone 5 b garden we have to dig them in the fall and store them in the basement.

Another beautiful daylily-most of the plants are getting down to their last blooms for this year.
Clematis in the arbor.
The soft mauve and white phlox is Franz Schubert. It looks so pretty with the deep mauve behind it.
This beautiful white phlox is David.
This is clethra-I believe it is Sixteen Candles. It has a beautiful fragrance and it is lovely to have some late bloomers.
The Fairy rose is still blooming and will go right to frost.
Peppermint pinwheel phlox with a deep pink phlox behind it.
Beautiful big pink blooms on the hydrangea still.
The Annabelle over the chair with the hummingbird. The hummingbirds have now left our garden until next summer-Bon Voyage!
This is a tall garden variety of loosestrife that I love as it is so stately and well behaved.
A beautiful late clematis General something or other.
A double yellow daylily.
I just found this phlox blooming in the garden and don't remember which one it is but it is pretty with it's two shades of pink.
Another pretty phlox- about 10 years ago I went through a phlox phase and bought every new variety I could find!
A pretty double peach daylily.
Many of the roses always give a .good second show in September too. So,there is still lots of beauty to enjoy in a stroll around the September garden.

By the time you read this I should be in Maine on a little shopping spree with my girls.If I find any treasures I will share them with you!

Take care,
Carolyn


 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education