Great Thrift Find + Paint = New Media Cabinet

Happy Monday everyone!
It is absolutely beautiful out today, I've already been to the gym, and now I'm sitting down to enjoy a cup of coffee and write this blog...by far my favorite part of the day!

The other weekend I found this amazing piece for my living room. I have been looking for a great media cabinet that is:
  • low enough not to overwhelm the fireplace
  • of course glass so your remote can work through it, and 
  • a great price
I was debating on the Rhys Media stand from Potterybarn:

since I already own the console and end table...

But I have such an internal issue with matchy matchy furniture the same room...obviously Ryan does not :)

Anyway...I found this great piece at one of my favorite thrift stores for $30!

It's perfect! It has glass doors, and holes in the back to hold all of the TV's unsightly cords.


I don't love the finish, so I've decided to paint it white.

And now I am thinking of painting the shelves a bold color, or maybe even use some graphic wall paper.

I came across this amazing DIY project on one of my favorite blogs, Little Green Notebook. Check out how Jenny transformed a boring shelf into a super chic piece with inexpensive molding and bold paint colors!
Little Green Notebook
Little Green Notebook
Little Green Notebook
Little Green Notebook
Little Green Notebook
What do you think? I'm thinking a white cabinet with charcoal (the paint in my dining room seen here) shelves?
 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education