A little retail therapy

This weekend my girlfriend Melanie and I went window shopping in just about every home store in the Northern Virginia vicinity. I am so excited for the spring collections popping up.

Here are a couple spring  items we loved:

West Elm has a huge collection of sea-colored glass bottles

 Melanie is digging this stainless steel/wood island for her new kitchen.

And I fell in loooooooveeee with the Arlington sofa at Potterybarn in Flax Textured Basketweave (of course the most expensive fabric grade!?). The texture on this linen is absolutely stunning, and the flax color is the perfect stone/cream...not too brown, not too gray...let the saving start.
And I might also have to save for this super charming Ascot arm chair. It is shaped like a gentleman's club chair but the feminine fabric makes it unexpectedly beautiful!
I'm not sure if it's the beautiful Flax Textured Basketweave as the perfect backdrop, but I am weirdly drawn to this Blue Floral pillow. I can't decide if it's too Laura Ashley grandma, or modern spring floral??? I don't know if I should like it...but I do :) These might perfectly replace my red couch pillows for spring. I think I will pass on the monogrammed...that might be pushing it!
And then of course in my new found quest for decorative objects to style on my tabletops...you can't go wrong with a big ol' piece of faux spiny branch coral.
But in typical fashion, before I let Melanie and I walk into a retail store, I had to stop at my favorite thrift store...where I also found some super sweet decorative objects perfect for table top styling.

This $7 lobster plate (on my newly sprayed black table) is going on my bar, once I buy a standing plate holder...this plate has a really cool Nantucket trading company stamp on the back.
And these cute small Boston Baked Beans vintage jars I bought for $1.50 each. Right now I put them in my media cabinet downstairs, but I'll find a better home for them soon!
Okay so I bought this mug at Anthropologie, not a thrift store, but they do sell vintage pieces...and at $8 it's just as good of a find!
I might buy a couple more of these mugs and do a fun display like this below...love! (no pun intended)
 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education