A Library Tea

Hello,
  We had a cool damp day today so it was a great day to have my friend Janice(above) come over for a fireside tea in our little library.
Unfortunately, because it was a dull day I didn't have good light for taking pictures as I don't like to use my flash. Janice waited patiently for me to take a few photos before I served her tea!
I used these Spode teacups that I bought on a trip to Maine last year.
We enjoyed oatmeal scones with whipped cream and Lemon Curd(thanks Sandi) .
I have a few Spode plates that match the teacups.
The teapot was a gift from my husband a couple of years ago.

I love the coziness of the wood burning fireplace on a cooler day.

I took these shots on a sunny day a few weeks ago.

This is a handmade lace tablecloth -lots of work!
Janice and I had a lovely visit and didn't mind a bit that outdoors it was wet and windy as we snuggled up to the fireplace with out tea!
 I still have some scones  if you would like to curl up with a cup of tea by the fire.

I am joining Between Naps on the Porch  for Tablescape Thursday again.

Take care,
Carolyn


 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education