English Afternoon Tea


Hello everyone,
        Today we are back to winter here -well really it was always winter but I started daydreaming about spring. So with a storm heading our way in a couple of days I am giving myself a reality check. So, today it is a warm cozy tea with an English flair.

I love this teapot and teacup that have an English village scene on them.
I made some blackberry buttermilk muffins for us again- I still have lots of frozen blackberries from the bumper crop last fall that I need to use up.

It is cloudy today so my pics are off-sorry!

I bought this old needlepoint picture several years ago along with a second one of two kittens- I have always loved them and they remind me of an English home somehow.

I love this Victoria book about England and often enjoy a peek at it.
This is one of the pictures in it that I love.
 I bought a half dozen of these pretty roses today for my weekly treat.  I got my husband a big bag of trail mix - now I will let him look at my flowers so I think he should let me have some trail mix-don't you?Ha!

Another cup for you- I bought this at the thrift shop years ago.
Such a pretty delicate color rose- unfortunately not an English rose though.
This was the view outside my bay window a few days ago. Not spring but still a beautiful season!
All this talk about England brought back memories of our trip there in 2008. These are a few of the photos I took. I would love to go back and stay for a few weeks sometime in a charming little English cottage.
I love the doorways in England.

One of the highlights of our trip was going to the Chelsea flower show.
so many beautiful clematis.
How is that for spring color!

 Today, is Teatime Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage and so I am joining in again. Thank you Sandi for hosting these lovely teas.
Also today is Kathy's Return to Loveliness Victoria party at A Delightsome Life so go and check out these lovely parties.
Thank you to all who have stopped in to visit and to all of you who have left behind such lovely comments, I enjoy all of them.

Take care,
Carolyn
 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education