A Peek at the Garden


Hello everyone,
      I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. We had enjoyed a garden tour here on Saturday and a Father's Day brunch on our veranda on Sunday. We are still getting lovely sunshine but the fields of potatoes are so dry that we are hoping for a good rain soon.. 



This is the back of our barn-did you notice we painted it. It used to be dark green and now it is' speckled trout' from Bher.

The Preston lilacs are now coming into bloom.We have a few varieties and I have forgotten which one this is.

The Miss Kim lilac standards are also blooming now and you can smell their lovely fragrance for quite a distance.


The roses are starting to bloom this one is Therese Bugnet.

The honeysuckle rivals the lilac for fragrance-I love stepping into the garden and catching a whiff of it .
The alliums,sweet rocket and lupins are blooming around the picket fence.
The earliest peony to bloom is this one from my Dad's garden many years ago. I am happy to have this reminder of him as he passed away 17 years ago. Dad enjoyed gardening too and encouraged me to start a garden here.about 20 years ago now. I think he would be happy with it now!
This is Scarlett O'Hara, a single peony.
Magnificum geranium is a hardy perennial and I love it and have divided and moved it all around our garden.


An alpine clematis blooming over the arbor.
The honeysuckle on the other side of the arbor.I have a few of these that I rooted from an old one at my daughters house.
A few of the blooming beauties from around the garden.

Well,just a little peek at some of the beauty in the garden now.


Hope you have a wonderful day and thank you for visiting me.

Carolyn


 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education